Calorie is always viewed in the negative light, but it is not all that negative. We are all crazy for weight loss but obviously some people need to gain weight. Moreover, high calorific and nutrient rich meals may be necessary for some people to lose weight and also to reduce the bulk of food in their stomach.
With the right recipe, you can prepare meals that contain high calorie and packed with all the nutrients your body needs. The simple recipe provided here will guide you step by step in baking prosciutto and brie with apple butter. For post workout supplements, refer to the best supplements for post workout.
Recipe for Baked Prosciutto and Brie with Apple Butter
This meal will only take about 30 minutes to prepare. The idle preparation time required for the meal is 20 minutes, and after preparation, it should be cooked for 10 minutes to get it ready. It is very easy to prepare provided you follow the step by step recipe provided.
- Ingredients required
To prepare this recipe, you will need the following ingredients
– A loaf of crispy French bread
– A cup of apple butter
– Some tablespoons of softened butter
– Approximately one pound of sliced Brie
– Sixteen slices a one-quarter pound prosciutto.
– Freshly ground black pepper
– Kosher salt
– 2 thinly sliced pear or apples
– Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling.
– The first step is to light up the oven and ensure that it heats up to about 450oF.
– Slice out up to 16 slices from the French loaf and apply butter in a uniform manner on each side of the baking sheet.
– Place the buttered and prepared French loaf slices on a baking sheet.
– Also, slice the prosciutto and add it to the components in the baking sheet and add about 4 slices of apple or pear as well.
– Season the sliced Brie by applying salt and pepper to it and then lightly sprinkle olive oil on the seasoned Brie.
– Then add the Brie to the already existing components in the baking sheet.
– It is time to commence the baking process. The baking should take a couple of minutes, approximately 10 minutes (maximum) is enough for the baking. A sure sign to know when the process is complete is the melting of the cheese (in the form of Brie).
– Stop the baking as soon as the cheese melt; the process is complete, the recipe is prepared and you have prepared a high calorific and nutritious meal.
Nutritional and Calorific Constituents
Brie is another name for soft cheese with the whitish rind. It is pale colored and has a slight gray tinge. 1 cup of melted Brie (about 240g) contains the high amount of calorie (up to 802 calories) which is about 40% of its components. The calorie comes from carbohydrate (5.1 calories), fat (584 calories) and protein (213 calories).
Brie also contains 1.1g of carbohydrate which comes mainly from its sugar components. The total fat constituent is 66.4g, with up to 41.8g saturated fat. Vitamin constituents include Vitamin A, C, D, E, K, B12, B6, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Choline and Betaine and minerals include calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, and fluoride.
- French Bread
French Bread also has high calorific and nutritional content. It is made up of 92 calories, and its nutritional constituents include total fat constituent of 0.6g, 208mg of sodium, 18g of carbs, 0.8g dietary fiber. It also contains other nutrients including sugars, protein, calcium, and potassium.
Prosciutto also contains high calorific and nutritional content. It contains 70g of calorie which comes basically from fats and proteins. Prosciutto does not contain carbohydrates but has only 5g of saturated fat, 8g of protein and no vitamin and mineral. It is a great source of calorie and an important constituent of high calorific meal.
Pear is a wonderful fruit indeed. It is made up of 57 calories and also contain a lot of other nutrients such as protein, carbs, fats (basically saturated, monounsaturated, polyunsaturated, omega-3 and omega-6). It also contains fiber and essential vitamins and minerals as well as water.
Apple is a very healthy fruit containing fiber, sugar, carbs, vitamins and minerals as well as a calorie.
Preparing high calorific and the relishing meal is easy. The meal can offer you high tons of calorie as well as essential nutrients including protein, vitamins, minerals, fats and so forth. The recipe provides an insight to prepare the best juicer for leafy greens. You only need to get the ingredients rights, such as fruits and greens, to prepare.
The major thing to consider when preparing these meals is the nutritional constituents of the ingredients used. A careful combination of prosciutto, apple, pear, butter and so forth gives just the right amount of calorie and nutrients.