Have you ever felt that your mind is growing stagnant and you’re feeling more lackluster by the day? Do you have tonnes of work piled up, but you feel to mentally exhausted to get to them? Is focusing on tasks a challenge for you? A clear difference between Mind Lab Pro vs Alpha Brain will help you find the best nootropic for all of these.
Of course, you could rely on nutrient-rich wholefoods for boosting your brain functioning. But will they show results fast enough?
The concentration of nutrients you actually require to make a definitive change for the better, is simply impossible to get from wholefoods alone. But there’s definitely a way out of this conundrum- ‘nootropics’.
What are Nootropics?
If you haven’t considered nootropics yet, you are seriously missing out! They are the one-stop solution to all your brain function related issues.
So what are nootropics exactly? Nootropics, or cognitive enhancers, are natural or synthetic supplements that help to increase your brain power and cognitive functioning.
Imagine, a simple pill could improve your memory, mood, focus and mental functioning. Smart, right? No wonder then, that nootropics are also called ‘smart drugs’! There are loads of nootropics available in the market these days, but what’s tricky is choosing the right one for you.
How To Pick The Right Supplement?
When you’re planning to buy yourself a brain boosting supplement, the options are overwhelming and may leave you completely baffled. Before splurging on products that may do you more harm than good, it’s better to have a checklist of criterion ready.
Here is a handy run down of some things you may want to keep an eye out for, when purchasing a nutritional supplement (including nootropics):
1. Quality Check
Make sure that your supplement is GMP certified. Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is a system for ensuring that products are consistently produced and controlled according to quality standards. A quality brain booster will only consist of pure unadulterated ingredients that are lab tested.
2. Safety First
One of the most common concerns regarding any product is its safety. You can land up with a lot of side effects after the consumption of poor quality or incompatible supplements. Thus, it is important to check if your nutritional supplement is allergen-free.
3. Credibility Is Key
Not every supplement that you get in the market is created by an expert. Don’t fall for sketchy amped up advertisements of nutritional supplements made by private manufacturers who have little to no knowledge of the best practices.
When you are investing in a nutritional supplement, definitely go for the ones by credible manufacturers rather than compromising on your health and safety by falling for nebulous claims.
4. Proven To Show Results
What is the point of shelling out your hard earned money on overpriced supplements when they are not even effective? Instead, go for supplements that come with a money-back guarantee, and have positive reviews and feedback from consumers that you can bank on.
5. Customer Service
We seldom pay much heed to the customer service of the brand when deciding on a nutritional supplement to commit to. But think about it- supplements are a long-term commitment.
You may face any number of issues with getting your products delivered, cancelling or redeeming subscriptions, queries about the ingredient lists, availability of discounts, coupon codes, and so and so forth.
A strong customer service is key for establishing the requisite trust and assurance of transparency that you should have from a brand of supplements you’re committing to.
Mind Lab Pro vs Alpha Brain: Best Nootropic in 2021
Whether it is their brilliant formulation, delivering on their claims, manufacturing process, pricing, stacking and so on- Mind Lab Pro and Alpha Brain are definitely our top picks for nootropics.
In this article, we shall compare Mind Lab Pro vs Alpha Brain, so you have a complete picture of each supplement along with their pros and cons, and are better able to pick the right one for yourself.
When it comes to cognitive enhancers or ‘brain boosters’, modafinil and caffeine are typically our go to options. We are so used to these two for whenever we need to give our brain an emergency ‘kick-start’, that experimenting with new supplements sounds scary.
However, if you look around for a different supplement online, you will notice that Mind Lab Pro is one of the most highly recommended brain boosters. Mind Lab Pro is the world’s first ‘Universal Nootropic’ formula for keeping your brain healthy.
It is specially designed to optimize your brain, help with your concentration, and sharper memory. It kindles your overall cognitive performance and promotes strategic thinking so that you can avoid creative burnouts.
It is not only popular among athletes but also students who need to stay focused and motivated.
Recommended: Before purchasing Mind Lab Pro, ensure that you checkout the comparison between Mind Lab Pro vs Performance Lab Mind.
As we discussed a little while ago, the safety of your nutritional supplement is of paramount importance. Apart from transparency in the manufacturing process, how else can you be assured of the safety of your nootropic? Knowing the formulation of the product, of course.
Most nootropics these days have a sizable ingredient list, but transparency in its disclosure is absolutely essential. This way, you know exactly what you are consuming- the efficacy of the product, safety of the ingredients, as well as the presence of any allergens that you may react to.
So what is the ingredient list of Mind Lab Pro like? The great thing about Mind lab Pro is that it does not hide its actual constituents and dosage behind proprietary blends. What you see on the ingredient list (containing the exact ingredients and their specific dosage), is exactly what you get.
Here is the ingredient list of Mind Lab Pro as mentioned on their website and on the product packaging:
- NutriGenesis® Vitamin B6 (2.5mg): Vitamin B6 is required for optimal mental health in children as well as adults. It helps the body produce two chemicals- serotonin which controls your mind-set, and norepinephrine which helps your body adapt to pressure.
- NutriGenesis® Vitamin B9 (100 mcg): Folic acid is critical for the adequate functioning of your cerebrum, and a significant factor affecting the mental and emotional wellbeing of a person. It helps in the creation of DNA and RNA, the body’s hereditary material, and is particularly significant when cells and tissues are developing quickly- for example, in the neonatal stage, and pregnancy.
- NutriGenesis® Vitamin B12 (7.5 mcg): Vitamin B12 deficiency has been associated with cognitive decline, particularly in adults. The nutrient may assume a part in forestalling mind decay, which is the deficiency of neurons in the cerebrum and regularly connected with cognitive decline or dementia.
- Citicoline, as Cognizin® (250 mg): This is an intense nootropic that improves memory, thinking, and brain functioning in general. Research shows that citicoline works by expanding different synthetic substances of the mind, including phosphatidylcholine which improves correspondence between synapses.
- Full spectrum extract of Bacopa monnieri (150 mg): This herb contains bacosides that are very powerful cell reinforcements. They shield synapses from harm brought about by free radical exposure and age. It additionally supports the creation of GABA and serotonin, both of which are crucial for a positive state of mind, superior memory, and an optimal sense of discernment.
- Full spectrum Organic Lion’s Mane Mushroom: This mushroom has numerous medical advantages, especially when it comes to cognitive enhancement. It contains compounds that intensify the development of synapses and secures them against degeneration, which could otherwise lead up to Alzheimer’s. It additionally advances mental pliancy, recovery, and your overall well being.
- Phosphatidylserine, as Sharp PS Green (100 mg): PS is a greasy corrosive (phospholipid) that covers and protects brain cells. It plays a crucial role in the functioning of nerves within the brain. Mind Lab Pro uses a premium, soy-free frame of PS extricated from sunflower lecithin.
- N-acetyl L-tyrosine (175 mg): This amino acid helps in the synthesis of neurotransmitters (such as dopamine and epinephrine) which are engaged with mental handling, your state of mind, and memory. It additionally assists with alleviating stress and enhances your productivity and memory when performing multitasking.
- L-Theanine, in the form of Suntheanine (100mg): The primary function of L-Theanine as a nootropic is to increase your alpha brainwave activity, thus transporting you to a state where you are relaxed and attentive at once- which in turn leads to improved creativity. This ingredient helps improve focus, alertness, creative problem solving, art, etc. In stark contrast to the jittery alertness that caffeine gives you, L-Theanine’s is a ‘wakeful relaxation’ (which also combats the side effects of caffeine).
- Rhodiola Rosea (50mg): Colloquially referred to as the golden root, this ingredient stimulates basic synapses and allows them to cross over the blood-brain barrier. This ingredient increases your productivity and motivation, by toning down the stress and decreasing stress-inducing chemicals such as cortisol.
- Maritime Pine Bark (75 mg): It is an extract from the French Maritime Pine tree Bind, and the ingredient helps improve your capacity to focus, your memory, mental clarity, and overall brain health.
- Enhances Memory: Doesn’t it sound like something out of a scifi novel, if I were to tell you that a pill can boost your memory? Well, today, that is our reality. Mind Lab Pro contains Lion’s Mane Mushroom which helps to promote nerve growth as well as neurons.
It also contains Bacopa Monnieri which is a favorite of Ayurvedic medicine practitioners. It reduces ADHD symptoms, anxiety and stress., while boosting your memory consistently
- Better Focus: Keeping one’s mind steady can be a problem for the majority of us. Especially during stressful events or exams, losing concentration isn’t an option.
Citicoline present in Mind Lab Pro is an excellent neurotransmitter. With better communication between brain cells, you’ll find it was easy to focus.
- Expands Creativity: You can only excel when your thoughts and visions know no boundaries. If you ever face a creative slowdown or lack of inspiration, you have Mind Lab Pro to your rescue!
- Relaxation: You don’t need to worry about your deadlines anymore. Neither about some interview that is making you lose sleep. L-Theanine, found in this supplement, is extracted from flowers that help release stress. This brilliant ingredient helps you relax and unwind.
- Premature Ageing: Not just your skin, your brain cells can also go through premature ageing. Mind Lab Pro regenerates these brain cells and maintains their structural integrity and plasticity. It regulates the blood circulation in your brain, while also keeping it toxin-free.
You can blindly trust the ingredients used in this brain booster because they are 100% natural and chemical-free.
However, it is important to bear in mind that not every natural product is completely beneficial for you.
Taking a higher dosage than what’s needed can lead to dizziness. You might feel fatigued, mood swings or get an upset stomach. But there’s nothing to worry about! You might feel these effects only for the first few days as your body is slowly getting accustomed to the supplement.
Keeping in mind the side effects, it’s important to know that Mind Lab Pro capsules should not be consumed with any other cognitive enhancer or supplement.
If you’re pregnant or lactating, it is heavily advised that you consult your doctor before consuming this supplement.
The best bit about Mind Lab Pro is its convenience. Just like you pop a pill, you can have these capsules. It’s as easy as that! No messy and unpalatable shakes or blends.
You can consume 2 capsules per day, one in the morning and one in the evening. You can go up to having 4 capsules in a day if there’s a lot of pressure building upon you. However, note that more than 4 capsules in a day can lead to adverse effects.
Alpha Brain from the Onnit Labs is another brain supplement which has been receiving rave reviews. Just like Mind Lab Pro, this supplement is also designed to increase your brainpower so that it reaches peak mental potential.
Waking up and feeling mentally energized will surely help you get through a long day. Being able to work for long hours without getting flustered—sounds amazing, right? Well, Alpha Brain is not a magic potion that will give you superhuman powers after you gulp it down.
It is important, therefore, to have a look at the ingredient list.
- Vitamin B6 (10mg): Vitamin B6 is one of the eight B nutrients. This gathering of nutrients is significant for the appropriate functioning of brain cells.
- Onnit Flow Blend (650mg):
- L-Theanine: L-theanine crosses the blood-brain boundary, and can balance inhibitory neurotransmitters, particular serotonin and dopamine to achieve anxiolytic and relaxing impacts. L-theanine can likewise improve concentration because of changes in alpha cerebrum wave action.
- L-Tyrosine: Tyrosine enhancers can help increase mental readiness, improve memory, and upgrade athletic execution.
- Oat Straw Extract: Although not logically proven, the extricate is professed to offer numerous medical advantages, improvement in mental wellbeing, sleeping disorders, stress, and physical and sexual performance
- Onnit Focus Blend (240mg):
- Bacopa monnieri: Bacopa changes levels of dopamine, noradrenaline, and serotonin, that is, neurotransmitters which can alleviate stress.
- Huperzia Serrata Extract: Huperzia is an incredible and powerful nootropic drug requiring just micrograms per portion. This extract can help you experience lucid dreams.
- Onnit Fuel Blend (65mg):
- L-Leucine: Leucine is crucial because it can enter the brain from the bloodstream more rapidly than any other amino acid.
- Vinpocetine: Vinpocetine is a neuroprotective agent that reduces the risk of ischemia, stroke, and trauma.
- Pterostilbene: Pterostilbene helps in the treatment and protection of neurons from neuroinflammation.
- Cat’s Claw Bark Extract (350mg): Cat’s Claw bark extract helps in reducing brain plaque.
1. Boosts Attention Quality: What makes Alpha Brain different from other supplements? As the name suggests, Alpha Brain produces alpha waves in the brain. Greater production of alpha waves in your brain help you relax and stay calm even under aggravating situations.
The amino acids present in the supplement, such as L-Theanine and L-Tyrosine, increase your mental alertness and capacity to be attentive.
2. Mental Clarity: Along with improving concentration, Alpha Brain is scientifically proven for improving verbal memory. It speeds up your thinking process thus enhancing mental clarity.
3. Better Skills: This nootropic produces various neurotransmitters in your brain enhancing your skills for logical reasoning, memory transduction, and information handling.
4. Reduces Anxiety: If you are someone suffering from social anxiety and depression, you will probably know there’s no such magic cure for these mental issues, but you can definitely help curb them.
If you want to take a more holistic approach rather than banking on prescription medicines with heavy side effects, you can definitely consider nootropics such as Alpha Brain.
Alpha Brain is an effective supplement that reduces anxiety and stress so that your brain can program smoothly. Phosphatidylserine, an important phospholipid present in your brain, manages cortisol (also known as the stress hormone).
If your cortisol levels shoot up, you could suffer from panic attacks. Phosphatidylserine present in the Alpha Brain helps your brain cells communicate properly, reducing the risks of panic attacks.
Made using completely natural ingredients, Alpha Brain is a safe smart drug with almost negligible side effects. Thorough research concludes that only 9% of consumers have experienced some sort of discomfort after consuming this supplement.
The most common side effect is nausea and headache. When you first start consuming Alpha Brain, you may experience nausea and stomach aches as your body is getting used to the new product.
If you remain dehydrated after the consumption of Alpha Brain, you can end up with a minor headache. It is recommended, therefore, that you increase your fluid intake if you are consuming this nootropic.
Another interesting change that you might experience is the alteration of your body odour. You may find your body odour to be a tad stronger and more pungent on the days you consume the supplement. Don’t forget to carry your deodorant with you, if you’re planning to be on the move through the day or have a date!
You might also suffer from sleeplessness when you initially start consuming Alpha Brain, but this will eventually go away once your body gets used to the nootropic.
This stack is available in the form of pills and is quite simple to use. You can take one or two pills in the morning or in the afternoon.
If you weigh over 200 pounds you can go for 3 capsules per day. Consuming more than 4 capsules in a single day is not recommended.
Alpha Brain vs Mind Lab Pro: Key Similarities And Differences
When it comes to their formulation, both supplements have some shared constituents. Both Mind Lab Pro and Alpha Brain contain a plant extract called Bacopa Monnieri which is a very common ingredient in nootropic supplements. They both also contain L-Theanine and Vitamin B6.
Having common ingredients, however, does not make them interchangeable as supplements. Both nootropics contain some distinct ingredients which makes their formulations unique.
For instance, Mind Lab Pro uses Lion’s Mane Mushroom, Rhodiola Rosea and Maritime Pine Bark extract. On the other hand, Alpha Brain contains a range of ingredients including Oat extract and Cat’s Claw extract.
Directions For Consumption
Don’t miss out on the warnings and labels mentioned on the product so that you know you are using it the right way. In the case of Mind Lab Pro, you are advised to take one capsule in the morning and another at any other time of the day, whereas Alpha Brain suggests you take 2 capsules daily at one go, preferably with a light meal.
Both supplements advise you to visit a medical practitioner before its consumption if you are pregnant, nursing, or have a history of medical conditions.
In terms of pricing, Mind Lab Pro is slightly more affordable than Alpha Brain. One bottle of Mind Lab Pro will cost you 65 USD, whereas you would have to shell out 75 USD for one bottle of Alpha Brain.
However, I suppose the quantity of the products balances out the difference in price. While one bottle of Mind Lab Pro contains 60 capsules, Alpha Brain comes in a bottle of 90 capsules.
In both cases, you can save costs by subscribing, and getting a bottle delivered monthly (or after a pre-decided time period) at discounted rates!
Both the nootropic supplements advise you to read the instructions provided on the bottle before taking the capsules. If misused, you may fall susceptible to adverse health effects.
Some people have complained about feeling dizzy and experiencing nausea with both products. The supplements can also lead to mild headaches and insomnia in rare cases.
These are, however, common side effects when introducing any new supplement into your diet.
Which Supplement To Go For?
So should you go for Mind Lab Pro or Alpha Brain? I’ve discussed both supplements in depth, but declaring one supplement superior over the other one is tough. Both have their unique benefits and occasional flaws.
Personally, Mind Lab Pro is the nootropic I would prefer to stick to, but Alpha Brain is a brilliant brain booster nonetheless!
Though both the supplements are made of natural or nature-identical ingredients, Alpha Brain does not disclose a lot of its ingredients and their exact dosage. Mind Lab Pro, on the other hand, clearly reveals its entire ingredient list with full transparency.
When we talk about price, clearly Mind Lab Pro is a cheaper option. Not everyone would want to spend extravagantly on brain boosters, especially since you will have to commit to making it a recurrent expense for the long-term.
Another factor that might pose as a concern for you is the ‘vegan-friendly’ tag. Mind Lab Pro is 100% vegan friendly, whereas Alpha Brain does not provide any information regarding this on the package.
Both the supplements are caffeine-free and work pretty much the same in terms of boosting cognitive functioning, productivity, focus, memory, and mood. If pricing is not a factor for you, you can go for either Mind Lab Pro vs Alpha Brain, and be assured of stellar results from both!
You Might Like:
- Mind Lab Pro vs. Performance Lab Mind
- Transparent Labs Nootropic Review
- 5 Best Nootropics for Confidence in 2022
- SuperGreen TONIK vs Athletic Greens- Which is Better?
- Alpha King Supreme vs Nugenix: What’s Better?
Rohan Arora is a Certified Personal Trainer and Sports Nutritionist and has been actively involved in sports and fitness for over 8 years. He now leads the team of fitness specialists and personal trainers who help people around the world with personalized workout and nutrition plans, along with providing the right information on sports supplements.