Are you looking for the Fastest Way to Gain Weight that too without supplements? Yes there is a way through which you can gain weight at a faster rate without the use of mass gainers. This will not be pure muscle though but if you have a skinny frame or a hard-gainer even gaining a little amount of fat will do the task for you.
Fastest Way to Gain Weight
1) Follow a Diet Plan– This is the most important part of your weight gain routine. If you wish to gain weight quickly, try to eat 500-1000 calories more than what you burn. Yes the extra calories will turn into fat ofcourse but isn’t that what you need?
If you are reading this post chances are that you are a hardgainer and have a skinny frame. Thus your primary motive would be to gain fat only. Calculate the amount of calories your body burns in a day and add 500-1000 extra calories on top of that. Do not start by directly eating 1000 extra calories a day, but start with 300-400 and gradually increase them to 1000. Eating more calories than you burn is the easiest way to gain weight quickly.
See Top Foods to Gain Weight for a complete list of weight gain foods.
2) Train for less time but with high intensity– If you are skinny and you are working out to gain weight, I suggest you should work out for not more than 45 minutes in any case and for 3-4 days a week. Any more than that will only lead to over-training and nothing else. If you are skinny you should be focusing more on diet and less on workouts. Try to complete a workout with very less rest periods so that you complete your workout in a short period of time. Then go home and try to eat at much as possible to feed your muscles.
3) Focus on Compound Movements– If you are a hardgainer looking to gain weight, your primary focus should be on compound movements like deadlifts, squats and benchpress.
Compound movements involve more than one muscle and contribute most to the production of growth hormone in the body. Performing compound movements will help you gain strength as well as muscle. Always start your workout with a couple of compound movements followed by 1 or 2 isolation movements. For example if you are doing chest training on a day, start with pushups followed by flat or incline benchpress and then move on to fly’s or crossovers. Hence your main focus should be on performing exercises like deadlifts, pushups, pull-ups, squats, bench press, dips.
For a complete list, see Top Exercises to Gain Weight.
4) Get Adequate Sleep- The last step in gaining weight quickly is to sleep. Seems easy right? You just have to get 8-10 hours of sleep straight. While deep sleep your body releases 60-70% of Human Growth Hormone, and this is what we require right? So do not skip on your sleep next time. Instead sleep for 2 more hours that’ll help you recover your muscles enabling you to gain weight at a faster rate than before.
Some other factors:
- Drink Plenty of water throughout the day.
- Eat 6-8 meals a day and eat frequently(every two hours).
- Eat foods that are high in protein and carbohydrates.
- Keep junk food to a minimum.
Maintaining all above 4 points is the fastest way to gain weight without using any supplements. Make sure you follow a diet chart and a strict workout regime. Please leave your comments if you have any suggestions or queries.