In 2020, superfoods are everywhere. From diet charts to cafe menus, you’d be hard-pressed to not find a mention of this group of “nutrient-dense” plant-based foods. In a nutshell, that is exactly what this seemingly obscure supercharged food-group boasting innumerable benefits is.
In this article, I particularly talk about the Athletic Greens review, and how the products fits in the market.
Superfoods, also known as supergreens, includes a variety of produce- ranging from your run-of-the-mill kitchen staples such as spinach, cinnamon, ginger, etc., to ingredients recently coming into the spotlight such as kale, Moringa, spirulina, and the like.
Offering broad-spectrum health benefits that are almost revolutionary, it would be a shame to miss out on including superfoods into your diet.
Superfood Supplements: At a Glance
While incorporating daily greens into your diet is a no-brainer, the sheer amount of veggies you would have to consume to make up for all your body’s nutritional needs is massive.
Not only is it a tad impractical, supremely expensive, and near-impossible given our fast-paced lifestyle today, but it is very likely that no matter how much of these varied superfoods you are consuming, you will not be getting the dosage your body requires for it to be actually effective.
Here is where superfood supplements come in. Also called supergreen powders or a ‘green mix’, these supplements contain the optimum dosage of superfoods your body really needs, and is typically a blend of a variety of supercharged superfoods.
Benefits of Superfood Supplements
Superfood supplements offer an array of benefits that can do you good, no matter age, gender, or lifestyle:
- Nutritional Density: The nutritional density of superfood supplements is through the roof! Quite low in calories, a single serving of a green mix is packed with a high concentration of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, fiber- all the good stuff.
- Anti-Oxidant Properties: Free radicals can have many adverse effects on our bodies that compound over time to prove seriously debilitating or even fatal. Antioxidants are nature’s warriors against free radical damage- they help neutralize the effect on our bodies. Superfood supplements are rich in antioxidants and help prevent a range of conditions, including cancer, immuno-degeneration, and neuro-degeneration.
- Rich in Phytonutrients: Phytonutrients are plant-based nutrients that are not necessarily essential in our diets (unlike vitamins, minerals, etc.), but if you manage to squeeze them in, they offer unparalleled benefits. They are renowned for their anti-inflammatory, anti-biotic and tissue-building properties, amongst other things. Superfood supplements, being plant-based, typically carry a lot of phytonutrients.
- Plethora of Health Benefits: The range of health benefits offered by superfood supplements is unparalleled. From tackling gastro-intestinal issues or UTIs, to moderating blood pressure and cholesterol, from reducing the risk of memory loss and controlling anxiety, to anti-carcinogenic benefits, superfood supplements really do pack a punch.
- Enhances Athletic Performance: Superfood supplements help improve your focus, energy levels, and recovery. This makes it ideal for sportspersons looking for a boost in their stamina and performance.
- Convenience: With a taste ranging from mild to flavorful, green mixes are very easy to incorporate into your diet via a glass of water or smoothie, or whatever food you prefer. It is extremely convenient for maximizing on time since it requires little to no preparation and is perfect for carrying on the go.
Before I move on to the Athletic Greens review, let’s talk about how you should pick the right superfood powder.
Picking the Right Superfood Supplement for You
There’s a flood of superfood supplements out there, and it may get a bit difficult to figure out which one is best suited for your requirements. Apart from focusing on quality, which includes the brand value and FDA approval, keep an eye out for the ingredient list.
While the benefits of superfood supplements are quite broad-spectrum, you can optimize what you get out of it by picking a formula that places extra focus on certain specific areas.
For instance, if you are looking to lose weight, pick a formula that promotes it, a nootropic-heavy blend will help improve your focus and mental performance, if you are an athlete looking to improve your physical performance, there’s a superfood supplement for you too!
Recommended: With a high number of superfood supplements getting into the market, it becomes difficult to choose the best superfood powder. Here’s a complete review of Top SuperFood Supplements.
Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily: What is It?
Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily is an all-in-one superfood supplement meant for daily consumption. The product is aimed at high performers and athletes who must always be at the top of their game- physically as well as mentally.
It is a comprehensive formula that tackles a range of lifestyle issues such as inadequate diet, changing sleep patterns, stress, and so on, as well as enhancing your energy levels and immunity. This green mix contains a unique blend of 75 ingredients that are highly absorbable and supports the nutritional requirements of athletes who need to sustain or enhance their performance.
About the Brand
The ethos of the Athletic Greens brand is reflected is borne out of the journey of their founder- Chris ‘The Kiwi’. Their central idea, that nurturing your body by meeting all its nutritional demands is an indispensable step towards achieving your best self, is something Chris is personally invested in.
The core values of the brand preach empathy for all, approaching life as an opportunity-rich adventure, and never compromising on quality.
The formula of Athletic Greens has been perfected over 10 years of intense research in collaboration with doctors, nutritionists, and naturopaths, to bring to you one of the most effective and nutrition-packed superfood supplements.
Athletic Greens had been in the pipeline since 2008, and was officially launched in 2010. The formula has undergone 51 upgrades in the brand’s effort to bring you the best supplement at par with the latest research developments.
Recommended: If you are looking for an alternative, here’s an article on Athletic Greens vs Detox Organics.
Athletic Greens Benefits
With the regular consumption of Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily, you will notice a high energy boost, a better recovery rate, enhanced immunity and a better digestive health:
- Energy Boost: The formula offers you a boost of energy to help you get through your day charged up to face and overcome whatever obstacle that may come your way.
If physical or mental exertion fatigues you, this is the perfect way to get over it. This sugar-free formula is actually a pretty smart alternative to the majority of high-sugar high-calorie energy drinks out there.
- Supports Recovery: For an athlete, recovery is perhaps more important than a day’s performance. This gap between two bouts of performance or exercise is when your muscles heal and recover from the stress. While this period of rest is important, you might want to shorten the period to optimize on your time.
Also, you need to ensure the recovery is effective. A superfood supplement like Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily helps your recovery speed up and happen more optimally, making it a great Athletic Green benefit for workout enthusiasts.
- Enhances Immunity: One of the major functions of superfood supplements is building immunity.
Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily does this exceptionally well thanks to its nutrient-packed formula which provides broad-spectrum protection against a variety of disorders and helps fortify your immune system.
- Aids in Digestion: The formula of Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily is rich in probiotics and prebiotic fiber, which maintains gastrointestinal and gut health, and ensures regular healthy bowel movements.
A healthy digestion system can help you further build up your immunity and nutrient absorption.
Why Choose Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily: What Sets it Apart?
- Diet-friendly: Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily is perfect for those with dietary restrictions, either due to the program on, or allergies. This plant-based formulation is gluten-free and dairy-free, and contains no eggs, wheat, corn, yeast or nuts. It has a mere 1g of sugar per scoop. This makes it perfect for those pursuing a vegan, paleo or keto diet.
- Quality Ingredients: Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily contains the highest quality and most effective ingredients in its formula. Not only do the constituents meet the FDA guidelines, but the formulation undergoes annual lab tests and the suppliers and manufacturers of the raw ingredients are audited every year to keep the quality top-notch.
- Organic Formulation: The safe and plant-based formulation of Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily is low allergen, without added artificial sweeteners, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, pesticides, herbicides, harmful chemicals, or GMOs.
- Manufacture Process: The clean and environment-friendly manufacturing process of Athletic Greens is TGA-registered. The product is manufactured in a facility in New Zealand that is Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) certified.
The manufacturing details at every stage of the process are meticulously maintained (Full Batch Manufacturing Records) and there is full transparency that allows every single tub of Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily to be traced back in case there is some issue with it.
- NSF Certified for Sports: The National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) has certified Athletic Greens as suitable for use by sportspersons. NSF calls for some of the strictest industry regulations (including rigorous testing of each of the 75 ingredients, regular quality checks, and not including any of the 270+ banned substances in its constituent list as mandated by the World Anti-Doping Agency).
There is no unsafe contamination in the superfood supplement. Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily has a superior formula and ingredient list approved for use by professional athletes and Olympians.
Recommended: Here’s an article on how Athletic Greens compares to SuperGreen TONIK.
Athletic Greens Review
The 75 highest quality ingredients of Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily work perfectly together in cohesion to give you stellar and unparalleled results you won’t find from any other product.
The formulation is packed with whole-food sourced ingredients, vitamins, and minerals, and a stellar superfood complex. In comparison to your run-of-the-mill pill-based supplements, this green powder is much more potent and bio-available.
The Ingredients List
The ingredient list is what makes or breaks a superfood supplement, and Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily is definitely doing something right in that department:
- Vitamins and Minerals
This superfood supplement is extremely rich in vitamins and minerals. The perfect combination of nutrients in Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily makes it perfect for maintaining and nourishing the optimum functioning of the nervous system and immune systems.
The formula contains Vitamins A, B6, B12, C, and E, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folate, Biotin, Calcium, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Zinc, Sodium, Selenium, Potassium, and more.
- Adaptogens (2732 mg/ Serving)
Adaptogens are herbs which offer support to the nervous system to help boost cognition and memory. Adaptogenic herbs can help reduce stress, calm anxiety, reduce physical and mental fatigue, and regularize sleep schedules.
Some of the adaptogens in the Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily formula includes Rhodiola Rosea root dry extract, rosemary leaf extract, milk thistle seed extract, Ashwagandha root extract, artichoke leaf extract, dandelion whole plant dry concentrate, stevia leaf powder, and hawthorn berry extract.
- Superfood Complex (7388 mg/ Serving)
The raw superfood complex of Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily is extremely potent and alkalizing, loaded with antioxidants that help reduce and reverse the effects of free-radical damage on our body.
These ingredients are also anti-inflammatory, anti-carcinogenic, and provide a plethora of health benefits. Some of the key superfoods in the formula includes organic Spirulina, organic apple powder, lecithin, organic alfalfa powder (leaf), organic chlorella powder, organic barley leaf powder, organic wheatgrass juice powder (leaf), broccoli flower powder, beet root powder, spinach leaf powder, carrot root powder, and so on.
- Dairy-free Prebiotics and Probiotics (38 mg/ Serving)
The prebiotic fiber and probiotics-rich formula of Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily is perfect for giving your immune system and digestive system that extra boost. Prebiotics are essentially fodder for the probiotics so they can multiply and function more effectively.
Probiotics help improve your gastrointestinal health, boost the absorption of nutrients, and fortify your immune system.
- Digestive Enzymes and Mushroom Complex (154 mg/ Serving)
Organic digestive enzymes present in the Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily helps improve your gut health, promotes better digestion and boosts nutrient absorption.
The mushroom extracts present help boost immunity. Astragalus root powder, bromelain, reishi mushroom powder, burdock root powder, and shiitake mushroom powder help provide the digestive enzymes of the formula.
- Flavoring Components
The Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily carries organic flavoring and sweetening agents such as cherry powder, carrot, papaya, broccoli powder, natural pineapple flavor, natural vanilla flavor, and stevia.
When to Consume Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily
Athletic Greens advises you drink the superfood supplement on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Ideally, you should avoid consuming or drinking anything else for a while after, to help maximize your body’s ability to absorb the nutrients.
Particularly, avoid drinking coffee or caffeinated products for as long after consuming Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily as possible. The B vitamins, which are an important constituent of the supplement, cannot be absorbed easily by the body in the presence of caffeine- thus the efficacy of the product is undermined.
Calorific Value and Serving Size
Per serving, the calorific value of the superfood supplement is 50 cals. It contains 6 gm of carbs and 2 gm of dietary fiber, along with 2 gm of protein per serving. How many calories in athletic greens? The answer is simply 50 calories.
The recommended serving size of Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily is one scoop, or 12 gm of product.
Where to Purchase Athletic Greens
While Athletic Greens Ultimate daily is definitely on the expensive side, and you need to consume the product diligently for a while to see results. So in the long-term, it is quite the hefty burn in your wallet. The most important part of this Athletic Greens review is the price and where to purchase the product.
On the other hand, they are packed with nutrients that would keep you fit as a fiddle and enhance your productivity. When you are making an investment towards your health and wellness, every penny is worth its weight in gold.
Also, to put things into perspective, you could calculate the net price you are paying per scoop, and the nutrition density you are getting out of it. It is quite likely that it’s actually a lot more affordable and infinitely more healthy than a cup of sugar-laden coffee or smoothie you might purchase on the daily.
A single pouch of Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily contains 30 days’ worth of servings- so that’s 360 gm of product in total. You also get lucrative discounts upon subscription.
- Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily (Pouch): This re-sealable pouch contains 30 servings worth 12 grams each. You’d be shelling out $97 for a one time purchase, but a subscription will save 21% placing the product at $77.
- Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily (Travel Pack): The travel pack is extremely convenient for those of you racking up frequent flyer miles. The box contains 30 individual sachets, each worth a single serving of Ultimate Daily. It is all the more convenient because unlike the re-sealable pouch, these sachets do not require refrigeration. A onetime purchase of the travel pack will cost you $107, but you can get a subscription to save 19% and pay only $87.
The subscription service is extremely lucrative as not only do you save a lot of money, it allows you to freedom to cancel whenever you want. It is important to keep in mind, however, that these prices are not inclusive of shipping charges.
You also have complete control over the delivery logistics such as preferred day of delivery, and delivery frequency. The 60-day money-back guarantee is a customer-first approach wherein, if you are not absolutely satisfied with the product, you can request a refund within a 60 day period.
Pros and Cons of Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily
Why is it a Great Choice for You?
- It helps establish a routine of hydrating yourself and giving your body a blast of nutrition first thing in the morning every day.
- Your energy levels are boosted significantly, and you maintain a steady flow of energy through the day without succumbing to fatigue.
- Your digestion is boosted and bowel movements are regularized.
- This superfood supplement effectively makes up for the nutritional gaps in your diet.
- The broad-spectrum but potent formula ensures that you don’t need to invest in a bunch of nutritional supplements for various concerns.
- Definitely offer some mental clarity- helps you get your thoughts and emotions in order, and reduce mental fatigue.
- The transparency regarding the ingredient list ensures that you know exactly what you are putting into your body, and reduces the risk of any allergic reactions.
Why You May have Second Thoughts
- It is priced quite steep, despite its many benefits. Since it is a product you’ll have to be diligent about consuming on the regular if you want to see the benefits, the price may be a legit concern for you.
- The flavor of this green mix is not the most palatable. The distinctly grassy-flavor is blended with an odd fruity base, which definitely makes it a bit of an acquired taste.
- Unless you are going for the more pricey travel packs, you will have to refrigerate the formula for it to not go bad. This can be quite inconvenient for those constantly on the move.
Athletic Greens Customer Reviews
Superfood Supplements, like all nutritional supplements, have varied results based on your individual body biochemistry, lifestyle, commitment to the regime, and so on. Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily, despite its potent formula and general efficacy, the exact results vary from person to person based on various factors.
So, what’s the word on the streets about Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily? Here are some reviews for the supplement that can help you make a more informed purchase decision:
- Enhanced Recovery
“Athletic Greens helps me to recover. With only one day in between the downhill and the SuperG this is a competitive edge I don’t want to miss!”
– Nicol Delago (Member of the Italian National Ski Team)
- All-in-One Nutritional Insurance
“I get asked all the time, if you could use only one supplement, what would it be? My answer is, inevitably, Athletic Greens. It is my all-in-one nutritional insurance. I recommended it in the #1 NY Times Bestseller, The 4-Hour Body, and did not get paid to do so…”
-Time Ferriss (Entrepreneur and Health Expert)
- So far so good
“In the past 3-4 months , I have Lost 5-9 lbs by walking 2-3 Hours daily, Staying on a vegetarian intermittent diet and drinking your Green Drink every morning. So loosing (sic) weight and being healthy is a combination of all the above.”
-Frances W. (Verified Buyer)
Final Thoughts: Is it a Worthwhile Investment?
All said and done, is Athletic Greens Ultimate Daily a worthwhile investment? While it does cost quite a pretty penny, it has an unparalleled formula that absolutely delivers on its promises- particularly for athletes and high performers looking for a competitive advantage.
After this Athletic Greens review, you know how you will definitely experience a boost in energy, mental clarity, and better bowel movements quite soon after starting your course of Athletic Greens Ultimate daily, and you will find most of the other benefits showing up tangibly in a while.
In case the formula isn’t working for you, you can always ask for a refund, making use of their 60-day money back guarantee. All in all, if you have the means to invest in the product, there is definitely a lot going for it and is quite worth the price!
You Might Like:
- SuperGreen TONIK vs Athletic Greens- Which is Better?
- Detox Organics vs Athletic Greens: Best Premium Greens
- Detox Organics Daily Superfoods Reviews (2022)
- Are Green Powders a Waste of Money?
- Superfood Powder Recipes: What To Mix Greens With?
Dipanjana’s tryst with fitness and nutrition started way back in high school when she developed an interest in reading about workout routines and diets. A postgraduate student of Literature, Dipanjana has studied Nutrition alongside- both as part of her University curriculum as well as online certificate courses. When she is not working out, Dipanjana can usually be found writing blogs and screenplays or napping amidst a sea of pillows.
Email | Instagram | LinkedIn